Interested on peoples thoughts on what they would do in this scenario: Ever since the RMBP came out, I've been hankering after one. They are, after all, really rather nice! I've also fortunately accumulated £750 of vouchers for John Lewis (UK Dept Store) to help me on my way with this purchase. My initial thoughts were to buy the 15" RMBP base model, plenty powerful enough for my purposes. However, its still a lot of money to spend, and given this, I'm wondering, should I hold off, and instead: Stick using my Mac Mini 2011 on the desktop Use my existing 2009 MBP 13" on the move, but instead invest in a 256GB SSD for the machine (its main pain point being the dog slow IO, boot times etc) Alternatively, I could sell the MBP, gaining maybe £300, and combine that with the vouchers to take the edge off. The other alternatives I'd thought of were picking up one of the new Macbook Air's, and selling the MBP, or waiting to see what the performance was like in the Haswell RMBP 13" and maybe going for one of those. Interested to see if anyone else has had the same dilemma. What did you do/what would you do?