Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KCWolfPck

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 21, 2007
Fredericksburg, VA
If I am currently connected to the internet via wi-fi and am viewing a webpage on the iPhone, can I save that webpage to the hard-drive to view at a later time when I do not have access to wi-fi?

Thank you.

kdarling

macrumors P6
If I am currently connected to the internet via wi-fi and am viewing a webpage on the iPhone, can I save that webpage to the hard-drive to view at a later time when I do not have access to wi-fi?

No one knows if you can manually save a site to the flash. Seems doubtful. Apple doesn't seem to want to position this as a real PDA, but more of a smart phone.

Apparently you can have up to 8 pages open at one time. (See the latest demos at apple.com, for example.) So in theory you should be able to open a site, then open another browser window to continue elsewhere... saving the original for later viewing.

Of course, the website should make sure the caching headers are set correctly.

PoitNarf

macrumors 65816
May 28, 2007
Northern NJ
Not if you read it as a hypothetical question, which is what it is worded as.

Edit: Strange, the post I was replying to vanished

KCWolfPck

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 21, 2007
Fredericksburg, VA
Key word of my original post being IF. I intended the question as a hypothetical. Sorry if I came off claiming that I had one. If I did have one, I obviously could have found out the answer for myself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.