save jailbroken settings?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by zipster, Jan 26, 2011.

1. zipster macrumors 6502

I need to restore my phone to factory settings and take it back to the Apple Store.

Can I save the way my phone currently is, jailbroken? Apps, settings, etc? So that I can revert to it when I get my phone back?

Thanks!

2. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

Not really no, but you can use something like AptBackup. It will back up a list of your jailbroken apps and when you rejailbreak after going to the Apple Store, you can use the Restore feature and it will go out and download the packages again for you. The data though I believe will not be backed up. Alternatively I have seen folks recommend PkgBackup which may or may not do this for you. :)

3. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I was so excited about the new Cydia account manager when I heard it would save a list of apps for you. Then I realized that it was only for purchased apps. I'd say 90% of my apps/tweaks are free. It could've been so much more useful.

4. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Get pkgbackup - that will backup your jb apps and settings so that you can restore them back once you get your phone fixed or get a new phone.

5. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

Ditto, if you add SBOrganizer you get a backup of your icon layout etc so yes, with these two apps you can save everything and restore back just as it was before you restore/hand it in

6. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

PKGBackup no longer utilizes SBOrganizer so you would be wasting your money buying it.

S-

7. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

Cool, from 4.2.0 SBO is no longer needed. Thanks for that:eek:

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Pkgbackup is great, but for app settings use Chronus.

9. Wowzera macrumors 6502a

So iTunes backup saves now the position of the icons in the springboard??

10. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

Why? Have you used the latest PKGBackup?

Let iTunes backup the settings for App Store apps and let PKGBackup do the same for Cydia apps. Also, PKGBackup backs up data for Apple's Calendar, Chat, Contacts, Notes, Phone, Photos, and Safari apps.

S-

11. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

Yeah, PKGBackup has gotten a LOT better in the last months, getting updates all the time. It's the best JB backup solution IMO.