Save offline - fails and phone hot/laggy

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by saley89, Jul 5, 2015.

1. saley89 macrumors newbie

Anyone else tried to save a big batch of songs offline in iPhone using Apple Music. I have the 128Gb so wanted to make my whole library offline for when I don't have signal. However I've tried loads of time to set all 8000 songs offline and it just fails on random songs, makes the phone extremely hot and apple music app crashes and lags horribly.

Only way out was keep going into Airplane mode and cancel downloads repeatedly. What a mess.

Seems the music app is way too buggy as seen in other threads.

Guess I just need to wait for apple to build a download process that can handle a large amount of downloads.

2. andyp350 macrumors 6502a

The way I went about it was making my iPhone playlist on my Mac of all the songs I wanted on my phone (a few thousand) and then making that playlist available offline on my phone.
    I had the same problem as you, lots of errors and skipped songs, and the phone ran pretty hot. What I did was just keep requesting the playlist to be offline and each time the amount it had to download was less and less (a lot of the songs did download successfully) until they were all complete.
    No issues whatsoever downloading small amounts for offline play.
    I did have similar issues when trying to download my Spotify playlist on the iOS app back when I used Spotify, although not nearly as bad as with this.