Save Pages document as *doc INCLUDING embedded fonts?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lars666, Feb 26, 2009.

1. lars666 macrumors 6502a

Hi everybody,

does anybody know a way to save a Pages document as a Word DOC file with the used fonts embedded so that somebody on another (Windows) computer can see the document exactely the way I do even without having some used fonts? (PDF instead of DOC isn't possible as the text still needs to be editable for this other person.) I already searched the whole net and I am afraid this isn't possible, but just to be sure: If anybody knows a way, it would be nice if you could let me know. Thanks!!!

2. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Unfortunately that isn't possible.
    The fonts used have to be installed on the computer.

Drives me crazy sometimes.
    :(

3. lars666 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Already was afraid it is that way ... Don't understand that Pages doesn't have this option like Microsoft Word. (At least the Windows version.) Too bad ...

4. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Which version of Word allows you to do that?

5. lars666 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I think it is a standard Word feature for at least some years. I believe only the Windows version though. You have to check the right box when saving - as I switched to Mac some time ago, I don't know exactely anymore. If you really use Windows Word and don't find it, get back to me and I'll find out somehow ...

6. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Apparently Word for Windows 97, 2000, 2002 and 2003 (and later I presume) supports fonts embedded in documents, with some limitations. TrueType fonts only, and Mac users of Word won't see the embedded fonts.