save passwords

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by uplusd, Aug 15, 2008.

1. uplusd macrumors 6502

Is there any way to save passwords for websites? My wifi network at work requires authenticatin via a webpage everytime I log in.

2. RJ17 macrumors regular

I think 1password app does this but I can't figure out exactly how to use it. Does it work through safari, or do you have to do your browsing in 1password, or does it just store passwords for you to reference. I use the desktop application but I can't figure out how to make the iphone application behave the same way. It may not be designed that way. I dont know for sure. If anyone has any help or advice I would appreciate it.

3. PAH Mac macrumors member

I'm in the same boat here. It is pretty tedious having to enter the same login/password many times each day. Seems like mobile safari should be able to remember passwords just like the desktop version? I have also been looking at the password apps but I haven't been able to figure out if any will autofill login and password for you in safari.

4. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

1password does save passwords (thus the name), but unfortunately does not interface with Safari because of Apple's imposed training wheels. 1password does however include its own browser, which doesn't really work very well, and last I checked didn't even have a keyboard.

Otherwise, no password saving in Safari, unless the site you go to (like here) has a "remember me" button.