Save shsh blobs for not yet downloaded iOS?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by amasia, Jul 7, 2011.

1. amasia macrumors newbie

I have a quick question about jb'ing my ip4.

I have tinyumbrella, and have been saving my shsh blobs to my computer for the past couple updated. Right now, I'm running 4.2.1 (bb 03.10.01).

I know that you can only save shsh blobs while apple is still 'signing' them, so does that mean that I cannot save shsh blobs (for say, 4.3) until I have installed that iOS on my phone? Is there a way to have saved shsh blobs even though I haven't upgraded?

Thanks for your help!

2. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

While you won't be able to save 4.3 blobs (since Apple's not signing that firmware anymore), you CAN save 4.3.3 blobs because they still are signing it.

You don't have to be running the particular firmware on your phone in order to save the blobs. For example, I'm still running 4.0 on my 3GS (I know!!!), but I've got my shsh saved from 3.1.3 all the way to 4.3.3.

Since you're running 4.2.1, you just need to plug your phone in, start TU and choose "save shsh". It'll grab whatever blobs it can and let you know which ones it can't.

3. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

You can't put 4.3, 4.3.1, or 4.3.2 on your iPhone anymore because they are no longer being signed by Apple. If you're going to update, you will have to go to 4.3.3 or you're stuck at 4.2.1.

4. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

You can only save the blob for whatever iOS is out right now. You can even save a blob for the iOS beta. You can't save old blobs.
    Since apple is closing this loophole in iOS 5, this is one less thing to keep track of.

5. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

I think you probably already have them since you are jb in 4.2.1 and if you said yes for Cydia to save them before the 4.3.X fw's came out then you should already have them saved just look at Cydias' front page to see what blobs you have saved up until now. :cool:

6. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

The firmware currently on your phone has no impact on saving hashes. As stated, whatever is currently being signed is what you get.
    The exception to this is iFaith which allows the saving of an unsigned hash if the firmware is currently installed on your phone.

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

if you haven't done it yet. look for make it easy (Cydia) automatically saves all shah blobs being signed. I still also save via tiny umbrella just to be safe.