save text messages.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Ponchobot, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Ponchobot macrumors member

I have been trying to figure this out for a long time. on the iPhone is there a way to save specific text messages, like to favorite them to view later. So you're able go into the text message app and view them later with the click of a button or something. And when you clear a conversation with a person that you have on the iphone, it won't delete the text message. Is there a way to do this.? if so please tell me how. But without Treasure my Text, as that is web based and i'd like for it all to be on the iPhone itself.
    Thanks in advance.

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

well the only thing i can think of is delete the messages your dont want instead of all, thus leaving the favorite messages in the convo

3. Ponchobot thread starter macrumors member

See, that is a good idea. But i don't want to have to go through hundreds of texts just to find those ones that i want to keep. it seems easier to just mark the text as a favorite and just always have it. I dont know if that's possible or not.

4. dlimes13 macrumors 6502a

dlimes13

Unfortunately, I think your only two options are manually delete the unwanted ones or take a screenshot of the ones you want.

5. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

you can forward your favorites to your self then you would have a convo between you and you containing all your favorites but then i doubt you can tell who it originally came from

6. Ponchobot thread starter macrumors member

I wish that there would be a cydia tweak of some sort. But i think your idea of just forwarding them to myself is what i'll start doing. It might be a little bit of a pain, but oh well.