Save the Noob phone stuck in DFU mode anything I can do?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Mellofello808, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Mellofello808 macrumors member

Help!

3Gs

3.2 software

fresh blackra1n JB

Everything was great. Downloaded Rock so I could get Mywi (which was amazing for the 3 minutes it worked). Then decided to try Backgrounder. Rock said "this program needs rebot". Okayed it.

Now the phone is stuck if DFU mode. I have attempted blackra1n again to no avail. It just goes right back to DFU.

Help me out guys I really need the JB so I can use the phone on a trip overseas next month. Anything I can do short of restoring and updating software?

I will paypal a six pack to anybody who gives me an answer that has me back up and running.:D

2. mreddys10 macrumors regular

Did you try getting out of DFU (hold home+power button till it turns off)?

3. Mellofello808 thread starter macrumors member

4. mreddys10 macrumors regular

If this is fresh jailbreak, then I'm assuming you dont have your SHSH saved on cydia. There is nothing much you can do right now. Do you have a tethered jailbreak (have to run blackra1n again to reboot)?

If that is the case, then the only thing you can do is restore to stock 3.1.3 firmware (but this will update your baseband as well, and you wont be able to unlock any time soon)

5. Mellofello808 thread starter macrumors member

NOOOOOOO!!!

There has got to be something. Right now I'm pulling my hair out with iRecovery, and researching redJohnny. I'm not accustomed to lots of command line so it's three times as frustrating.

How do you guys do it. Running all kinds of crazy jailbreak apps. This is the third time I have jailbroken, and it has always ended in late nights, google searches of obscure forums, and curse words. It has always been totally unstable for me.

Is there some fundamental step I'm missing?

Run Black Ra1n

(missing step)

download apps at will

live happily ever after

God I can't wait until my contract is over

6. Mellofello808 thread starter macrumors member

Well I guess I give up. Hours later of scouring the internet, and putting god knows what kind of scripts in my terminal I'm done. I need my phone for my alarm in a few hours so 3.1.3 here I come.

It is little things like this that will eventually push me away from Apple. I'm so sick of what my phone/ipad etc can't do. All these stupid arbitrary roadblocks. No one has the right to tell me how I can, and cannot use a device that I pay top dollar for. I'm so sick of being used by Apple. This rationed out innovation is so counter to the Apple that I fell in love with that I don't think it's the same company at all.

My next phone will be the Evo, and my ipad may go back to the store as well. Tonight seals the deal.

There really is nothing they could put in the new iphone to make me buy one.

7. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Good luck and goodbye. Sorry the iPhone is not for you.

8. Bdubb macrumors regular

Bdubb

Sorry for you bad luck mate, not sure if you already went ahead and updated it to 3.1.3...if you haven't already and you have 5.11.07 baseband or lower and your serial number is xx93xxxxxxxx or lower, you can try to do a Recovery Mode custom 3.1.2 Restore.

No offense but.. Just becasue you can jailbreak a phone doesn't mean you have to throw everything at it under God's green earth. If you've done some prior reading and research you would know that, there isn't much positive and reliable things being said about Rock: especially when it's mixed with other powerful jailbreak apps such as Backgrounder...clearly you mixed too many incompatible apps together and caused your phone to go into DFU mode.
    Your experience is very similar to someone buying a factory, fined tuned Ferrari from a Ferrari Dealership, complaining that the Ferrari is not fast enough for them.... taking it home and adding all these shady aerodynamics, turbos , computer (Speed) chips, Nitros and all that jazz, then taking for a test run only to have too much speed and not enough control and crashing the car at the first turn. Getting out of the trashed car and bitching at Ferrari for making a bad car??!!!

Rule number one of Jailbreaking.
    Be patient and Always exercise caution.
    Rule number two of Jailbreaking
    before adding fancy third party apps to your phone: Make sure you do enough research about their stability, compatibility with your specific model iPhone and other apps in your phone.

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Peace out.