Save to Mac partition from bootcamped Win7 ?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Kuski, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Kuski macrumors member

I recently got a Hauppauge HD PVR in order to record my COD: MW2 online game play. The software that it comes with is only Windows compatible (I don't have $80 to buy Mac software to import it). I can record everything in Win7 fine, but I want to use iMovie to edit it. As soon as I hit stop recording, it saves the file to wherever I told it to.

Right now I have all of the video saving to an external drive, then I switch to the Mac side and import it to iMovie.

This takes a really long time to import!

I've tried setting the save location to the Mac partition, but it won't let me select this as an option.:eek:

I there any way to do this :confused: Please help!

2. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

No. You cant write to a mac partition in windows... Only read support in bootcamp 3.x

3. Kuski thread starter macrumors member

Is there a faster way to get the videos to the Mac partition than what I'm doing then? It takes a very long time to get the video from my external hard drive to iMovie. I was thinking maybe an external drive with a Firewire 800 port would help?

4. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

Macdrive allows Windows to write to Macs but it's $50. At that point just spend the $80 and run natively under OS X.

Cheers,

5. Kuski thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the info! Hopefully will be getting it in a few weeks then. :D