Save Web app locally?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by hxe3333, Oct 3, 2007.

1. hxe3333 macrumors member

I saw this site and I think that's something I want to do, but tooo difficult for me to follow through...

This is the original page I couldn't understand...
    blog.clawpaws.net/post/2007/07/16/Storing-iPhone-apps-locally-with-data-URLs

Can someone decode this thing? What I wannna do is save web apps locally with one touch, I assume using bookmarklet function.

So please, make a bookmarklet that saves webapp locally on iPhone including all the images etc., possibly without going back to mac, or refer me if such thing already exists.

I guess if you have webapp locally, then it will run faster a bit? Also, you can play with it w/o internet. It probably won't be as smooth as native apps, but I might possibly leave 1.0.2 and installer.app, and go to 1.1.1 if this works good. I will still install native apps once they come up for 1.1.1 though.

2. JPyre macrumors 6502

You need an iphone 1.0.2 or earlier and AppTapp installed. From AppTapp install Community Reasources and Pearl, and then follow the directions on that page.

I don't know if that will work but I think thats how it can be done. If you don't understand you probably shouldn't try, but AppTapp will not brick you phone.

3. hxe3333 thread starter macrumors member

I have 1.0.2 and AppTap (installer.app) installed, but don't know pearl. So, if I'm understanding correctly, I won't be able to do this with 1.1.1 then? I was gona use this for temp replacement of native apps after upgrading to 1.1.1.... :(

Anyone knows way to make it work on 1.1.1 before Dev guys come up with hacks?

4. bentup macrumors member

You aren't going to be able to do this in 1.1.1...

If you upgraded, you are stuck with bookmarking in MobileSafari. So, this would be a bad substitute. If you really want native functionality. Stick with 1.0.2 until 1.1.1 is hacked, or Apple comes out with a new update that frees up webapps a bit. Ars discusses the latter. A link is on the main Macrumors page.

For now tho, i would recommend sticking with native apps:p