Save yourself the hassle, don't buy from Incase!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iPhone Addict, Oct 18, 2011.

1. iPhone Addict macrumors 6502

Ok I just want to rant about how complete garbage the customer service and support people are at Incase.

I ordered from them on October 9th and they sent a stupid new-age hipster email saying how I rock and how cool I am for ordering from them and that was the last I ever heard from them. They never shipped the product, never e-mailed me to say it was backordered or out of stock or delayed, and refused to respond to any e-mails, support tickets, or tweets I sent them. I e-mailed them three times (each time a few days apart) trying to find out whether they had even received my order or not, since it still had not shipped.

Instead of responding with an explanation of what's going on, they simply would mark my support ticket as resolved without even answering anything. They never sent a single e-mail or made any attempt to communicate with a long time customer of theirs. Today I found out from a friend that they tweeted about an issue they were having. After I looked at their twitter page, I was pretty surprised to see another customer ask them "Hello, do you answer your emails at all?"

They responded with "Emails? What's that?"

I understand that businesses can have issues from time to time and especially during the launch week of a new iPhone, but how long does it take to write a quick note to a customer who is buying an overpriced piece of plastic from you? Their policies are pretty lame too. They say they take 3 business days to respond to an e-mail and they list a phone number which nobody answers. Why does it take 3 business days to respond to an e-mail? Charging $35 for a piece of plastic, not having the overhead of any physical retail stores, and you still can't hire enough staff to respond to an e-mail or pick up a phone call?

Anyways, I just wanted to give a heads up to everyone else in here who is considering buying from Incase. If you can avoid them, you will be happier. These guys are arrogant, obtuse, and don't really need or want your business.

2. frankdogg macrumors regular

frankdogg

Have you tried calling them? Also they were moving warehouses too..

Just saying cause I had to get some warranty exchanges and phone was the best point of contact.

626-338-6400

3. cerisier macrumors member

Wow it's surprising to see such blatant horrible customer service like that from a company I thought was reputable. Especially in these times. Seriously, that tweet is shocking.

Have they charged you yet, or is your order just in limbo? If they have charged your card, I'd definitely consider a chargeback.

4. iPhone Addict thread starter macrumors 6502

I checked a few days ago and they hadn't charged me at that time. And yeah you're right, that kind of customer service is shocking.

If they were changing warehouses, they should have notified their customers. There's really no excuse for not sending out a simple email to anyone who had a pending order.

5. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

While I agree you have had a pretty crappy experience, I would second the above recommendation to call them. I have called them in the past for things and they took care of it right away. Sometimes it is best to pick up the old phone and talk to someone.

6. Hoyasaxa macrumors member

'Phones? What's that?"

7. iPhone Addict thread starter macrumors 6502

I apologize if I didn't make it more clear in my original post but I have tried calling them and nobody picks up the phone. Instead I get automatically put on hold for over 10 minutes and then the call drops.

They said on their Twitter page that their employees are too busy working in the warehouse to pick up the phones.

8. Brazzy macrumors regular

i had an incase slider for my 3gs and it scratched up the back pretty bad. needless to say, i didn't get one of their cases for my 4s.

9. jkozlow3 macrumors 6502a

I have always found Incase customer service to be great. I have filled out their online request form for warranty replacement (hairline cracks, etc) multiple times and have always received a replacement within a few days - no questions asked.

I did this again 1.5 weeks ago and no case, no email with tracking number, etc this time around. I called them, the lady told me that they had just moved and that some stuff had fallen through the cracks as a result. She updated my RMA case and said a replacement will ship within 72 hours.

I really think the move must have caused them a few woes, as I've always received a replacement shipment email within a day or two. I'm sure they'll work it out. No big deal.

10. iPhone Addict thread starter macrumors 6502

I appreciate you chiming in. I can definitely understand a business falling a little behind due to a huge change in their logistical setup (ie changing warehouses, etc) and have no problem giving a company a pass for that.

What nobody should give them a pass for is the kind of customer service attitude they displayed in that tweet response to a client.