Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

laxonator

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2008
I've recently converted to a Mac and I've been having some problems with AOL and the mail features (seems like I'm not the only one). Using the old software and webmail I could save emails in the Saved On AOL folders. I could create and edit these folders as I wished to keep everything nice and organized.

Now with the new OS X AOL software I cannot view any of these folders and subsequently the message stored within these folders. Of course webmail still works, but there are other things stored in AOL besides just emails so I prefer to use the software. I've found the following AOL Help site claiming that everything is compatible, but I seem to be missing something here as I cannot find where the side folders are actually accessed from.

http://help.channels.aol.com/kjump.adp?articleId=218724

Please help!!!

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
It's not clear what you are trying to do. You can most certainly save use AOL's current shipping software to save AOL mail on your local Mac. AOL Desktop is AOL's new integrated software that is still in beta. It also allows you to save mail either locally or on AOL. Despite its beta status, AOL Desktop works well.

This brings us back to the question: What are you trying to do?

laxonator

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2008
Email Anywhere

I'm trying to access the email in my folders (folders that I created) that I have access to on webmail, when I'm in the AOL software. Anything that I save to an online folder in webmail (on AOL's server) or when I used to do this on PC, is taken from my inbox and moved to these folders. So I can't view any of these items without finding the folders in AOL. Hence, only new emails and unsaved emails are viewable. If I don't use the folders, there is no way to organize my incoming email and everything gets mushed together into just the Inbox.

I hope that is a little bit clearer.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
I'm trying to access the email in my folders (folders that I created) that I have access to on webmail, when I'm in the AOL software. ...
You have a number of options to access these folders. You may use any web browser to access http://www.aol.com. This includes AOL's embedded browser. You may download AOL Communicator, AOL's standalone email client that will allow you to access your AOL mail and all of your other POP3 and IMAP accounts, as well. You may also down the beta of AOL's new Mac client, AOL Desktop. Having tested each of these options while composing this response, I know that they all work and work well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.