Saved some $ - no thanks to ATT

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by StratEZ, Feb 23, 2017.

1. StratEZ macrumors newbie

As many know, Best Buy had a nice sale last weekend on iphones. I wanted a 7 and use ATT for my provider. I would have been happy to get the phone at the ATT store but NO! I went to ATT first with the BB ad. I told the sales rep I was there to buy a 7/128g. Don't need to look, don't need a demo etc. Easy sale, rigtht?
    ATT rep defiantly said "We never price match" Then..,:"dude if you can get it cheaper, go for it". So, I did. I am not the biggest BB fan but a new 7 for $600 is a savings of 20%. Story ended well. All good. I am just surprised in this age of internet pricing awareness that ATT was so smug. I know the sales "dude" was probably just following orders but it still makes no sense to tell a customer to walk. Funny thing- when i asked the BB sales rep how can they discount iphones so much, he said, it is a combination sales promo sponsored by ATT! Too funny.....

2. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

In my opinion, you actually got a better iPhone as the Best Buy iPhone 7's are the A1660/A1661 which supports all US carriers. The AT&T/T-Mobile versions lack Verizon/Sprint support. Just make sure once you pay it off, that you request for AT&T to unlock it.

3. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

Price matching isn't a requirement, therefore, don't expect every retailer to follow suit. In this instance, you were better off buying at BB anyway due to the price and the fact that their phones are universal, you just need to get them unlocked.