iPad Saving 7.0.6 Jailbreak and going to 7.1 wo JB?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Josasp, Apr 17, 2014.

  1. Josasp macrumors newbie

    Josasp

    Joined:
    Apr 17, 2014
    #1
    Hi,

    I just got a new iPad Air 16Gb cellular.

    I'm gonna use thisone running official software and no JB.
    But I'd like to save the possibillity for the future.

    Is that possible to do befoere i upgrade to 7.1 somehow?
    Like SHSH Blobs for aTV2 for instance.
     
  2. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2011
    #2
    Nope. You can't restore / downgrade to 7.0.6 once you're on 7.1. Stay on 7.0.6 - IMHO, the advantages of JB'ing far outweigh the problems caused by crashes.
     
  3. Josasp thread starter macrumors newbie

    Josasp

    Joined:
    Apr 17, 2014
    #3
    Ok, i see, but the thing is that the iPad is not going to be used by me.
    So i just want as few issues as possible, if u JB thisone, will it block updates etc so someone can't ruin it?

    If, not, then maybe I'll just update it and forget about JB for now.
     
  4. Paradoxally macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2011
    #4
    Yes, it will block updates when jailbroken (unless they plug into iTunes, and then say 'yes, update' when the popup comes along).

    If the person isn't tech savvy or has never jailbroken before, just update to 7.1 or you'll have to provide tech support if something goes wrong. SHSH blobs only work on A4 devices, unfortunately, so you'll be stuck on 7.1 (or higher) if you decide to upgrade.
     
  5. Josasp thread starter macrumors newbie

    Josasp

    Joined:
    Apr 17, 2014
    #5
    Thanks for the info.

    Well then I guess I'll just upgrade it and forget about it.
    If it came with 7.1, I wouldn't have cared anyways.

    Guess a untethered JB will come along in the future anyways if I decide to JB later on.
     
  6. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2011
    #6
    You may end up having to wait 1+ year... and I don't think 7.0 is useless. Sure it crashes lot compared to 7.1 but having access to f.lux, windowed multitasking (if and when it's released) etc. are a blessing.
     
  7. Josasp thread starter macrumors newbie

    Josasp

    Joined:
    Apr 17, 2014
    #7
    Might be well over a year until i get one myself anyways ;)
    Next thing on the list is a MBA Retina (if released) or MBPr.

    Expensive enough :p

    Upgrading to 7.1 now anyways, so it's now irellevant :p
     

Share This Page