Saving a PDF?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mkstretch, Sep 23, 2009.

1. mkstretch macrumors newbie

mkstretch

Is it possible to save a PDF attachment from an email?

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

nope I don't think it is possible. The only way is to be connected to wifi.

3. mkstretch thread starter macrumors newbie

mkstretch

Do you know where i can get info on how to do via wifi? And do I need an app?

4. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Im not sure if I explained myself properly before.

When you view the email on your touch you can select the pdf and view it straight away. This is the only way to view the document as it cannot be directly saved to your touch. (in essence you need to have an active connection to connect to the email app and while you are connected you can view the pdf)

(sorry if that makes no sense I had far too much to drink last night, still got a very fuzzy head)

5. mkstretch thread starter macrumors newbie

mkstretch

6. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

You can save via other apps but none Apple. I save mine via Air Sharing but the rub is you need to have it on a computer to do it. Once it's on the iPod though, you can open it anytime you want. I sooo wish Apple would allow disk mode with the Touch. And Bluetooth file transfer. And a bunch of other locked crap that is a pain to find a go around for.

7. old-wiz macrumors G3

I wish there was an easy way to do this myself. Is the reason Apple is so concerned about people hijacking the iPod Touch or what?

8. Miko macrumors member

I myself is wanting to save files directly to iPod after downloading them via wifi (when I get an iPod touch in 3 days).

So... I did some research yesterday and found that there is this plug-in you can add to the safari browser on your iPod that lets you download files and save them onto your iPod just by clicking a link to download a file while surfing the net on your iPod.

There is an article of it here.

Note that the article is quite old and I haven't tried it yet since I am only getting an iPod in 3 days. But after reading the comments, there seems to be an issue that if you install the plug-in, you won't be able to open .pdf directly from the browser, instead, it will save to your iPod and you will have to put it onto a computer in order to read it.

Hope I helped...