Saving Apps and Contact Address when syncing iPod to another computer!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rustyness, May 10, 2009.

1. rustyness macrumors newbie

OK. I am sure there is already a thread for this but I actually did search and I could not find one that really answered this question.

I have an iPod touch which is synced to my desktop iMac. I have recently bought a MacBook Pro and want to sync my iPod with this. Both computers have the same iTunes music store login.

My question is, if I put all of my apps from my iPod Touch onto my desktop iMac and then copy them on a memory stick onto my MacBook Pro and then sync my iPod Touch with my MacBook Pro, will all of my apps work?

Is there a quicker way to do this as well? Because I do have f*** loads of apps to transfer? I thought maybe if I synced my iPod Touch then the apps would not be wiped, but they apparently would!

Also, my contacts list. I have added all of my contacts directly onto my iPod. Is there any way to get them onto the computer (Either) before I wipe so I can sync them back on after I have changed computers?

Music and videos do not matter. I have transfered my whole music and video library. And I don't really use photos. I just can't be bothered to fill out the contacts details again, or download all of the apps (Especially since I have spent a fair amount on them as well!)

Any tips would be appreciated.

2. sscoolio macrumors newbie

try backing it all up then go for it and sync it with the macbook pro; it should then ask you to put in your itunes password and then it'll "authorize" the new computer and transfer your stuff onto it. then I think you can evan still sync with both computers (if you wanted to) or just go to store>Deauthorize computer to disable syncing to the other computer. hope this helps :)