Saving apps?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by I'mAMac, Jul 20, 2008.

1. I'mAMac macrumors 6502a

I'mAMac

I have firmware 1.1.4 now with some emulators and I was wondering if there was any way to save them?

2. itzdemo macrumors regular

itzdemo

save any apps you like FOR GOOD !

your best bet would be to make your own repo. so if you restore or format you can have one repo to add all your fav apps, games & what ever you like.

i found a good system on saving all the apps you like..

what i do is goto iappcat.com and make account. there you can find almost any apps listed in installer. you can add a link to that file in your iappcat repo. after you have all the apps you want to save listed on that repo you can download the "repo file" at the top. it will download a file named "repo" just rename that file and add ".txt" to it so it makes it "repo.txt" scan this txt file for all the urls's with .zip. these will be the links you can enter into your browser to download the apps to your computer. once you saved all the apps you like on your computer in a folder you can goto myrepospace.com and make a accout. and upload your files. then you have your own repo hosting your own files !!

Note: if you use just iappcat.com they just link to other people files on there repo. then you have to worry about them going down, getting updated and changing & just getting removed. once you have them on your own myrepospace it's all under your control :)

hope this helps someone. that's alot of typing... :eek:

but after you get the hang of doing this, it's real easy and WAY WORTH IT !@!

3. I'mAMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'mAMac

Thanks a lot man, this will definitely be useful to me. :)

4. itzdemo macrumors regular

itzdemo

somone sent me a message saying some of the urls won't let him download the apps. this is true and if you run in to one like this just remove it from your list and find one that will let you download it..