Saving apps?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Touchy, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Touchy macrumors regular

Like a kid in a candy store I have downloaded a lot of apps to the iPod touch. I would like to remove some from the iPod touch to clean it up but I would like to SAVE them in the applications section of iTunes yet not have them load back on to the iPod touch when I synch it. Is this possible and if so how is it done?

2. return7 macrumors 6502

I have an iPhone but it probably works the same way. Just remove them from the iPod without removing them on your PC, then sync normally. It's smart enough to know you don't want them (basically if you plug it in and click on the iPod, there's some tab where you can check/uncheck the apps you want to sync).

3. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Yep, you can choose app by app... just click the ones you want on your phone... the rest will wait happily on your comp til you want them. ;)

4. liptonlover macrumors 6502a

They'll stay on your computer until you specifically delete from your computer. Deleting on your iphone/touch deletes them from the device, but only tells the computer not to sync that app any more. If you want it again later, just go to your device settings in itunes and check it off again!
    Nate

5. Touchy thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, all seem to be in agreement. Hopefully I will slowdown on the installations in the future. Take care.