Saving Countless Pictures within Links

Discussion in 'macOS' started by xXriderXx7, Mar 10, 2009.

1. xXriderXx7 macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

Hi,
    I recently have become very focused on cleaning up my iPhoto library and locating all the pictures from various trips and vacations. I camp in the desert a lot, and one of my friends runs a website where he hosts thousands of pictures from our various camping trips. The way his site works is by displaying the thumbnails for the images, then if clicked, a higher resolution picture will open a new window, and once again, for the full resolution picture you must click another link. Instead of asking him to put time and effort into one of my projects, id like any suggestions as to what would be the quickest and most pain free way to save all of the highest resolution versions. Keep in mind that I am talking about literally thousands of pictures. Is there a way to use automator to cycle through the links and pictures saving them as they go? If it comes down to it, I might just end up selecting them by hand, but for the sake of being a member on here for a while, Ive chosen to seek help in case their is an alternative I am overlooking.

Thanks,
    xXriderXx7

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Are the images filed using a naming scheme e.g., image001.jpg, image002.jpg? A script could be written to cycle through each URL for the images and possibly download them that way.

An alternative, I know Firefox has extensions that can do this type of thing, though whether or not it can handle your friend's site specifically I don't know. There's one named "Download them all" or something similar.

3. xXriderXx7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

They are actually named according the whatever the camera saved them as. A lot of them begin with DS...but they arent all the same. The firefox suggestion is really great, Im going to begin searching for that add on and see if it works.

Thanks for your help.

Edit: Turns out his site doesnt even work under Firefox : /

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

wtf?

I would just ask your friend.