Saving Documents on your iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HydroDog, Mar 27, 2014.

1. HydroDog macrumors newbie

My manager came to me today and was asking about my 5s. He now has a Galaxy 4 that he dropped and broke the screen and needs a new phone. He does not like the size of the new Samsung's but needs to save documents offline like labor contracts, overtime reports and such. He likes the size and operation of my phone but needs the ability to save PDF for offline review. Since we area Gov agency we cannot store info on iCloud, can he do what he has been able to do on his Galaxy 4?

2. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Do you or are you able to use office 365? That would be the only great way to do that, at least to my knowledge. I am unsure if 365 is true cloud computing or if you still need a sync station.

3. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

You can save PDF formatted files in iBook or Evernote.

4. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

There are a ton of pdf management apps like goodreader, notability or pdf expert. However, reviewing them might be an issue on an iPhone with a smaller screen. :eek:

5. hotrod351 macrumors 6502

hotrod351

i use iExplorer. you can save PDF format and others as well. can also save text messages in PDF if you want.

6. Serelus macrumors 6502a

Serelus

You can do all that and just disable iCloud if needed, he wasn't using it on his Galaxy S4 so I assume he won't miss it on iPhone.

7. twowinns macrumors member