Saving Documents Question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by gilbert1020, Jun 12, 2009.

1. gilbert1020 macrumors regular

gilbert1020

How Can I save a document in microsoft office word 2008 into a specific subfolder within my documents. When I try to save the doc to my documents it does not show subfolders within documents. Help?

2. Wheaty macrumors regular

Wheaty

Not used Office, but assuming the Save box is similar to most other apps..

Is there not a little down arrow to the right of the "File Name.doc" box that allows you to expand the box to show the full set of viewing options.. Ie Grid, List, Coloums, New folder, file type..

I'm sure I'm not using "Mac speek" so more superior Mac users can now put me in my place ;)

Wheaty

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

^^^ What he said. Here's a picture.

Attached Files:

4. i.shaun macrumors 6502a

i.shaun

Hahaha Come on, guys! I've had my mac for over 2 years now and I didn't know about that. . it would have come in handy a few times :(

What I was doing was dragging the subfolder into the finder sidebar, then saving there as everything in the sidebar is in the list with "documents" "music" "Pictures" etc..

5. Wheaty macrumors regular

Wheaty

Two years? I'm only just on my third month..
    You need to Fiddle a bit more :)

And me... Well I need to splash out on a :apple: keyboard.. I get all backwards with cmd, er apple, and er the switchy thing..

6. Morod macrumors 68000

Morod

Wow! I'm no Mac expert by any means. I never knew of this option either. It will come in handy from now on! Thanks to gilbert1020 for asking the question and to r.j.s (as always!) for the fine visual. Jeez, for so long I've been saving to Documents and then going into Documents to put it in the proper sub-folder. Now it can go where it needs to right from the get-go.
    Morod