saving e mail images distorts quality

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macjock, Apr 22, 2009.

1. macjock macrumors regular

My mate has the following issue with his iphone 3g.

When receiving an e mail with a photo attached the attachment is fine, however when he saves the image and then looks at it through the photo app the same image is blurred.

Any ideas?

2. pauliphone macrumors regular

this was a known error in 2.2, it has been fixed in 2.2.1 so tell your friend to update the iphone software on itunes and this should sort it.

3. macjock thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you

I'll let him know

4. psywzrd macrumors 68030

This is not exactly true. Many of us (myself included) continue to have this issue, even with 2.2.1. If you search this forum you'll find the thread where we discussed it. If I recall correctly someone even posted a link to a picture so you could test it out. The picture looked great in Safari but as soon as you saved it to the photo album and viewed it there it looked blurry. It's an unacceptable bug that Apple has yet to effectively address.

5. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

Seems like I've had this problem in the past but not for e-mail. After restoring the iPhone and re-syncing photos from my mac, it seemed like the restored photos were lesser (is that a word?) quality *shrugs*

6. chimpboy74 macrumors 6502a

chimpboy74

I had this problem big style. Downloaded 2.2.1 all seemed fine but just in last couple of weeks it has started again. And its not just me as my wifes iphone has just started again with the same problem. I dont understand why it was fine for so long and then started again????????