Saving edited images from CS3 and then using them?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by drgrafix, Aug 12, 2008.

1. drgrafix macrumors regular

Is it me or am I just zoned out? I pull an image off a SD card into PS, edit, compress down to a web safe size (under 100K), and save it to the desktop or a directory/folder. Then I want to use Photobucket to post it in a forum, but the image is grey'd out in the listing so I can't access it. What gives?

2. wadejc85 macrumors 6502

What format did you save it in (.jpg, .gif, .png, etc)?

3. drgrafix thread starter macrumors regular

Saved it in JPG. I'm six months into the switch and I still have to use PCs for a number of reasons, and I can't understand why you can't open an image on a SD card, tweak it, and then simply store it in a folder or directory where it can be accessed. Do I have to "import" _all_ images into iPhoto before you can do what I want to do?

4. wadejc85 macrumors 6502

Not entirely sure what you mean about still having to use PC's. If you're importing your images through an SD card reader, you should be able to pull single images off to store wherever you want. In iPhoto, you can simply drag the image(s) into the iPhoto program. No need to import all your images.

I've never used Photobucket, so I cannot be absolute certain of anything. However, it almost seems like there is some sort of error in uploading your image. If an image does not upload completely, you won't be able to use it. Does the image upload completely?

It could also be in the way you are compressing the image. You said that in Photoshop you,
    How exactly are you compressing the image?