Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

podsonic

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 26, 2009
I have received some docs as email attachments, anyone know how I "detach" them and save them?

Any help appreciated

actorkid

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2008
There's no way to do that...Just keep the emails with the important attachments in your inbox, or make a new folder in mail to put them in, then just access them from there to open your attachments.

This will probably be easier to go about when you can search e-mails in 3.0

podsonic

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 26, 2009
Thanks for the reply. I knew I could save pictures,is there no app or hack to allow this - for various reasons, this is a big problem for me.

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2006
Home
Just a thought on this - what's to stop Apple making an iWork app, where you could save the files? APp comes to those with iWork 09 perhaps

Apple seemingly wanting storage of files per app, rather than a central repoistory (beyond pictures, upcoming video, contacts etc)

I'd say it's potentially likely. That or a MobileMe app, to do the same thing - store any compatible attachments. If they could bring smart sensing of linking between apps, or working out which app to open for a fle type that would be great (user could give preferences).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.