Saving emails to folders?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Gjk77, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Gjk77 macrumors newbie

Hello All,
    I'm a recent convert to iPad and love it. So much that I am trying to obsolete my laptop for biz travel. The one thing I need to do is to be able to save emails to a folder so I can read off-line on flights as I get 200+ a day and that many emails are not kept on the iPad (only about 50 at a time I believe). I was hoping someone might be able to reccomend either a work-around or an app that would allow me to save them into a folder. I have Goodreader but do not think that I can pull emails into it. Appreciate any help you may be render.

Thanks all

2. Capt T macrumors 6502a

The default is 50 but you can have it be the 200 most recent.

Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendars>Show

So that is at least one step toward it. What kind of email account do you have? POP or is it an exchange one?

3. Gjk77 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Cap, but I already have the pad set to 200. Unfortunatly, I average over 250 per day, hense my need to somehow either bump up the capacity or save emails to folders. In regards to the type, it is exchange.

Appreciate your efforts.
    G

4. justcured macrumors newbie

In a prior response you said this is an Exchange account. No need for a work around. Your iPad Mail app will show all the mail in your inbox (and other folders) should you desire.

In Settings, Mail, Contacts, Calendars, set Fetch New Data to Push.

Then, select the email account. Set Mail Days to Synch to Unlimited, or such shorter period as you desire. Then select the folders that you want to push (and therefore synch without opening and waiting) to Inbox, plus whatever other folders you use regularly.

I have had a couple of thousand emails in my inbox that are available at all times.

5. Gjk77 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you SO MUCH Cured, you rock. This is perfect. Thanks again very much.

G