Saving files and them appearing with 'no date'

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by raymann, Sep 13, 2012.

1. raymann macrumors newbie

hi, i am sure there is a very simple fix to this so i would be very grateful if someone could point me in the right direction. when i save new files sometimes (approx 70%) of the time it appears under 'no date'

so for example my download folder is where i store all my temporary files. often i will create an image, go to save it and instead of appearing at the top of my downloads in todays additions, it goes at the very bottom under a new heading 'no date'.

whats bizarre is it will then have a date and be in the correct place when i use the mac again the next day.

new user! please be gentle...

2. raymann thread starter macrumors newbie

3. maxmaut macrumors regular

I am having the same thing for around a year right now. It went from snow leo to mountain lion, and I was not able to fix it at first, and then just got used to it.

4. Traderhut macrumors newbie

I have the same problem, with the current OS

Anyone got a fix? Any files saved show up as 'No Date' - but SHOW A DATE on them for the first 24 hours or so... this is nuts, and annoying - the most recent files show up last.

At least, sort the no date files to the top.

BTW: the underlying OS is FreeBSD, which has a creation date and modification date on every file, so who even came up with the crazy idea of having a 'no date' category in the finder?

-Traderhut games
    -- iPhone games and iOS/Windows consulting.

5. brand macrumors 601

brand

I am willing to bet that this has nothing to do with the Mac Pro hardware and everything to do with the operating system or the software installed.