Saving Images in IPhoto to CD-R

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by 06Honda, Dec 26, 2011.

1. 06Honda macrumors regular

I have created and album in IPhoto of all the images on my destop. I want to save them to a blank CD-R. I watched a video on this and it shows the CD-R inserted displaying at the bottom of the IPhoto screen, but when I insert the CD-R into my mac a box pops up and says " You inserted a blank CD. Choose an action from the pop-up menu or click ignore. What do i do next, just want to save the folder containing images that are in my IPHoto album from my destop to a CD-R? If i open disk utility it shows it there, do i burn the iphoto images from here or do i do it from iphoto? I tried selecting burn,iphoto and the album name but the burn button is greyed out? Thanks for any info or help.

Paul

2. simsaladimbamba

Try hitting "Ignore" and see, if that makes the CD-R visible in iPhoto.

3. montycat macrumors 6502

montycat

I just did this. Create the album first in iPhoto instead of your desktop. I selected the album I wanted the burn>Click BURN at the bottom of iPhoto or BURN in SHARE on the toolbar>you should get a prompt now to insert a disk. As the other poster suggested, you can click IGNORE if the disk is put in before the BURN icon is clicked. I hope this works for you!

Attached Files:

4. 06Honda thread starter macrumors regular

Clicked ignore not joy. Played around a bit and i created a new folder in Finder and burned it from there. Worked fine, to easy until you do it the first time. thanks for the assistance and post back. Next backup I'll try your idea Monty.