saving ipod touch apps

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by itzdemo, Jul 15, 2008.

1. itzdemo macrumors regular

itzdemo

i got my touch just the way i want it with all the best apps i could find. is there a way to save all these apps so i can make my own repo or save them to the computer so i don't have to hunt them all down agin if i upgrade or restore ? :confused:

2. itzdemo thread starter macrumors regular

itzdemo

Well after looking all day for a option all I could find was a site called iappcat. Com where you can look for any app and add it to a repo for yourself but if one goes down you won't have it nomore in your repo. Is this the only option :eek: ?

3. itzdemo thread starter macrumors regular

itzdemo

ok never mind AGIN. lol.. everytime i post something noboddy seems to know. get's alot of looks but no replys. once agin i found out how to do what i needed..

theres an easy way to save and collect any app and make your own repo with them. with out using somone elses links!

if anyone would like to know how to do this e-mail me or hit me up in a PM.

i dunno if im going to post here agin. it just don't seem to help any for me !

4. Vacman macrumors newbie

Well - I for one would love to hear about what you did to save your apps. Just because you don't get a response, doesn't mean that you have to hold back info from the rest of the world. Doing that makes you no better then the very people you are upset at...

5. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

If you have JB your iPod, SSH into your iPod and copy all of the files onto your Desktop. Make sure to collect the roms and settings as well, you may want those if you JB again in the future.

6. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

Yeah I've tried doing this before with some of the previous jailbreaks but it didn't work, I think you may need the Info.plist from the SpringBoard app but IDK, this is a while ago now. :)

7. Xavier macrumors 68020

Doesn't iTunes keep a back up of everything the iPod had on it for a restore?

Or do you mean actually having each app seperatly?

8. itzdemo thread starter macrumors regular

itzdemo

yeah that's true. not trying to hold back just didn't want to post something noone wated to talk about.

if you check out my myspace i post alot nice things for people.

myspace.com/itzdemo

what i do is goto iappcat.com and find the apps i want to save and add them to my account then at the top click the repo link and save the files it gives you. rename that file and add the EX ".txt" to it and then open it. do a find by hitting the ctrl + f and look for any with ".zip" that will be a link to download that app. save all the apps you want to a folder and make you own repo. i made one at myrepospace.com then add those apps to your account.

if you use just iappcat.com it just links to other peoples files and you risk them updating, changing or deleting them !

that's it

now you'll have your own repo hosting your own saved apps ! one source to reinstall just everything you like ! can't get no better then that.

NOTE: some host won't let you download the files that way. just look for another till you find that that will..

if you will post back on this method and let me know what you think of it. or if you might know an eassyer way. :)

9. itzdemo thread starter macrumors regular

itzdemo

everytime i made a back it won't save the apps/music/videos. but it did save network keys, contacts and webapps.