Saving lookalike webpage as pdf, etc.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by playethic, Jan 3, 2015.

1. playethic macrumors member

A job application needs to include an attachment with webpages that I've written. When I try saving the complete page as a pdf, I get a messy page that doesn't look like the page when I view it in a browser. i want it to look clean; the same. I read in the forum about URL2PDF but it seems to only be for iphone and ipad? Plus there are elements of the webpage that it seems not to include.

Can anyone help? How can I save a complete page (looks just like it does in a browser) as a pdf?

Second question... I'm only allowed to submit one file, that includes several different writing files within it. Some of those files are MS Word files. How do I get a mix of pdf's and MS Word files into one pdf document, while maintaining all the original formatting in each?

Thank you

2. Meister Suspended

Meister

Export Word to pdf and then merge the pdfs.

----------

Print --> save as pdf

3. StrongGlad macrumors member

For the webpage issue, you can always take a "screen grab" of the page. Just hit SHIFT-COMMAND-4, which should bring up a "crosshairs" cursor, then click and drag across the area you want to capture. You'll hear the "camera" sound, and a .png file should appear on your desktop containing the screen grab. Open it and select the "Export to PDF" command from the File menu.

As for your second question, just convert the Word files into PDFs then merge them all into one PDF, as the previous poster suggested.

Good luck.

4. playethic thread starter macrumors member

Still stuck

Print / Save as pdf resulted in the messy page, navigation just presented as a list of text, full URLs listed for hyperlinks, page design a mess. It doesn't give me anything that looks the same as the web page as displayed in a browser.

I've tried taking a screen grab of the page, but it doesn't permit me to scroll down and include the full webpage.