Saving Passwords in Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by gunlocators, Nov 12, 2008.

1. gunlocators macrumors member

Is there a way for Safari to on work like IE6 where once it has like your username in a field a couple times you can click it click then on oassword field and it will auto put it in so you do not have to remeber a lot of passwords or is there a application can be bought to help with it

2. zachsilvey macrumors 6502

I'm sorry for not answering your questions directly but may I advise you try Firefox. Firefox is a much more secure feature rich browser than Safari and has great password management tools. With the newest update to Firefox the appearance fits with os x perfectly. I think that almost everyone on this forum would agree that firefox is the superior browser.

3. i.shaun macrumors 6502a

i.shaun

Safari has an option to remember passwords, it doesn't work on every site, but most sites it does. It will fill in the username and password when you visit the site, all you need to do is click "login"

firefox also has some good password management tools, but if you don't want to lose them I suggest third party software.

most people here would probably recommend 1password, as it stores all passwords, and integrates into your browsers and I believe even some applications as well.

I like "steel" personally. It stores my info in a password protected (and encrypted) file, which I can open when I want. The passwords aren't one-click away from anyone using my computer. I can remember most things, and I let Sarafi remember some for me initially, but I always have that file for reference.

4. ebel3003 macrumors 6502a

ebel3003

Look into 1Password. It's pretty much the end-all solution to auto-filling passwords. Worth every cent.