Saving PDFS on my iPhone 4, to view later.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jb7, Jan 14, 2011.

1. jb7 macrumors member

Hi, there are a series of pdfs on the internet that I need to save on my iPhone so that I can view them later, where I don't have an internet connection. I think that I may have figured a way to do this, I just want to confirm that this is correct

- Load the web address for the PDF in safari

- Click open in ibooks

when I do this, a picture of the PDF saves in my ibooks. Does this mean that the PDF is now saved? (and I can view later without internet?)

thanks

2. iPhoneCollector macrumors 6502a

iPhoneCollector

yes it saves it to the phone memoty you can transfer it to you computer send per email or whatever its on you own device. You can red it offline.

3. drummingcraig macrumors 6502a

drummingcraig

Correct. Once it appears in iBooks you should be able to view it anytime.

4. jb7 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the replies. Any idea which directory on the iPhone you can put PDFS in, so that they appear in iBooks?

Because the PDFs are quite big, my phone crashes when I choose 'open in ifile'

5. Carl G35c macrumors 6502

why not use ibooks to view them?

6. jb7 thread starter macrumors member

The PDFs are pretty huge. When I click 'open in ibooks'..my iPhone crashes. I then have to download the whole PDF again, trouble is they're quite large downloads

Therefore I had the idea of downloading them first, and the moving them to the iBooks directory using iFile. Any idea what directory this is? (that iBooks uses for PDFs)

7. dontworry macrumors 6502

dontworry

just drop it in itunes and sync. I had 600 books in iBooks on my phone with no problem

8. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I probably have about 50 books in there and every issue of Tintin, no problems. I also think it's hilarious how all my books turn into 1,000+ page monstrosities on the iPhone.

9. jb7 thread starter macrumors member

Don't have access to a computer for the next week or so, so it seems the iFile route is my only option. Any idea what the exact directory for iBooks PDF's is? I want to download them on my phone and then move them into that directory

10. dontworry macrumors 6502

dontworry

sorry don't use iFile, sounds like that would be the best. I have saved .pdf's into iBooks before and had no problems. Can you email and save?