saving photo on iPhone from mail makes it pixelated.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bbotte, Dec 17, 2008.

1. bbotte macrumors 65816

bbotte

I have a pic I used Photoshop Elements 6 and removed some red eye and reduced the size to 800x600. When I email the pic to my phone it looks perfect in the e-mail on the phone. As soon as I click save on the phone, it saves the pic but it is verry blurry. Even if I save the orginal pic untouched, it does the same thing. If I go back to the e-mail it is perfect though. What is going on? How can I fix this.
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

2. bbotte thread starter macrumors 65816

bbotte

LOL Thanks.

I just saved the screen shot for now and it is clear but the info on top and bottom show on the wallpaper. This sucks.

3. ilfn143 macrumors 6502

just don't use 800x600, any other resolution will be fine i think

4. bbotte thread starter macrumors 65816

bbotte

Nope pic at full resolution blurs also.....

5. deadsouls macrumors regular

this is a well known and extremely embarassing bug with firmware 2.2. nothing you can do besides wait for an update.

6. nevets007 macrumors newbie

Known issue

I spoke with apple about this problem. It seems as pictures saved from your email to your phone from another iPhone tend to get pixelated. Pictures sent from email off the internet are ok. Well thats the problem I had. Apple said they know about the issue and should resolve it on their next update. So for now I can't save my pictures on my phone :(