Saving photos from mail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mtlhed808, Dec 4, 2009.

1. mtlhed808 macrumors newbie

Having a problem with mail and iPhoto- when I save a photo attachment from mail into iPhoto, the image comes out blurry. It seems to happen to random images. I've tried different ways of saving-Add to iPhoto from save drop menu, mail menu - file - save attachments, control + click - save attachment, control + click - save to downloads. Same problem. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

*This does not apply to the iPhone issues

2. deep diver macrumors 65816

deep diver

The imported images are probably low resolution and the are too magnified in iPhoto. Check the image size.

3. mtlhed808 thread starter macrumors newbie

Resolution

I've tried resending photos to myself at higher resolutions but the problem remains. I'm completely dumbfounded...

4. deep diver macrumors 65816

deep diver

Do the images look pixilated or out of focus fuzzy. If they are out of focus then there is not a whole lot to do except try to sharpen it with a photo editor. If it is pixilated then it is a low resolution image. If you take a low resolution image and increase its size then it adds pixels without adding more information. If I have an image that is 500x500 pixels and I increase it to 1000x1000 then the computer takes each pixel and quadruples its size (one red pixel is converted to a square of 4 red pixels). While I have increased the size, I have not really increased to resolution of the image.

Attach one of the images from mail (not iPhoto) to a post and I'll look at it.