Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

john_satc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 14, 2005
B'ham Uk
alrite so i am not sure on another little thing...
i have saved laods of pictures to my desktop (from the internet and screen snaps from a dvd).i then opened iPhoto and used 'add to library' and selected the pictures from my desktop. now, have those pictures been copied to my iPhoto library? can i delete the pictures form my desktop and still be able to open/edit them in iPhoto? or do i have to move them to the iPhoto libarary mannualy myself?
thanks - jon.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
once you import them to iPhoto you can trash the original copies, although always be sure to make a back up of your library every now and then just in case!

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
iPhoto should have imported them to it's own library.

You can test this yourself if you're not confident though, drag the pics to the trash so they won't *actually* be deleted, and then try to edit them.

john_satc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 14, 2005
B'ham Uk
yay it worked ! thank you both! i love this site cos you post a problem and people help within minutes! its great! thanks loads!

Agathon

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2004
You don't need to use the "add to I iphoto" command. IIRC just drag the images into iphoto's window.

Same for saving pics from Safari. Most mac stuff is drag and drop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.