saving shsh blobs

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ahdhulla, Apr 24, 2012.

1. ahdhulla macrumors member

i have i4 iOS 4.2.1 unlocked with gevey sim. but since SAM unlock is available i decided to update my device to 5.0.1. i didnt save shsh blobs but cydia shows it is saved. so in order to stitch custom firmware to update my device to 5.0.1 is it possible to retrieve shsh blobs from cydia??

2. Enjoylife1788 macrumors 6502a

If cydia shows then yes. Download tinyumbrella.. In the options page, check retrieve from cydia. And you should be good to go..

3. ahdhulla thread starter macrumors member

thanks, anyway i tried but it saves blobs for 4.2.1 (current version) and 4.3b2 when look at the Log there was an http error [502].

4. NanoNyrd macrumors regular

The newest version of redsn0w, released a few days ago, can get the blobs directly from Cydia. I would guess it downloads it when stiching, but it may be a two-step process (download, then stich).

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/tagged/redsn0w

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

It does it with just a single operation.

6. ahdhulla thread starter macrumors member

thank you sir,
    i managed to stitch blobs using redsn0w but i used custom firmware i created using pwnage tool its activated and jailbroken. when i restore the device i have activation error, unable to access spring board. like i said before i unlock my device using a gevey sim. thanks

7. ahdhulla thread starter macrumors member

its a silly mistake! i am sorry i had to update my itunes and there is one more thing device is working fine but when connected to itunes, in summery restore tab was disabled was another silly mistake. i really need to restore from a backup.