iPhone Saving SHSH on iPhone 5s

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bkribbs, Sep 26, 2013.

1. bkribbs macrumors 65816

I'm a bit behind. Used to know all about SHSH and such with my iPod Touch 3rd gen but have been out of the loop.

Does Tiny Umbrella save complete, usuable SHSH? Like if I can get the SHSH can I downgrade using it? I read Cydia didn't, does it now?

Why is TU not attempting to save my 7.0.2 SHSH? Do I have to be on it? Or does the program need to be updated? Or is it glitching?

Is shsh all that is needed for downgrading? Also, I should be requesting from apple not cydia right? Cydia is just for if I want ones saved on their server.

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

tinyumbrella does save complete SHSH blobs if you get them from apple's server. I believe saurik fixed how cydia grabs the SHSH blobs now

tinyumbrella needs to be updated with the developer to request 7.0.2 blobs. you can use ifaith or redsn0w to grab your 7.0.2 blobs (redsn0w will need the ipsw, ifaith does not)

even with SHSH blobs, they are currently useless on A5+ devices

3. bkribbs thread starter macrumors 65816

So there's no way to downgrade?

Also, do I have to be on 7.0.2 for ifaith or redsn0w?

4. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

No way to downgrade. You don't have to be on 7.0.2. They can only grab the latest firmware being signed

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Neither TinyUmbrella nor Redsn0w would save any SHSH (7.0, 7.0.1 or 7.0.2) for my new 5S phones.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

7. bkribbs thread starter macrumors 65816

Does redsn0w need updated for each update fos SHSH purposes? I remember something about selecting an old ipsw for tethered jailbreaks but assume that doesn't apply.

edit- and in redsn0w- there are options for getting new blobs as well as whatever is on the device.

is the new one the one I want, and the ones that are on the device are completely useless because they're like partial blobs if I remember correctly?

8. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Redsn0w will not save iOS7 SHSH for 5S.

9. bkribbs thread starter macrumors 65816

Even though you're right, can I still get answers to my questions just so I know?

Also, why does it not? I see it doesn't though.

10. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

It does not need to be updated for each update to get the SHSH blob. You just need the ipsw. Redsn0w and the other programs need to be updated to recognize the 5S; I think something changed for the SHSH blobs that the 5S uses (according to winocm)

You can't get the blobs from the device (unless its an iPhone 4 or lower)

11. bkribbs thread starter macrumors 65816

ok, thanks!

12. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

13. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga