Saving SHSH with 3.1.2 Help Please?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ainjo1919, May 9, 2010.

1. ainjo1919 macrumors regular

Ok, so I decided to jailbreak my iPhone 3GS like a week after firmware 3.1.3 came out. Of course I was still in 3.1.2 and a noob on this whole jailbreaking scene. I didn't get to save my shsh blobs with cydia since I had no idea what that was all about until I finally learned and was too late.

So now 3.1.3 has been jailbroken for 3GS and people can now save their SHSH. So I tried to do it with umbrella but it failed.

So if I'm still in 3.1.2, does that mean I have to update to 3.1.3 and rejailbreak in order to save my SHSH blobs? Is there any other way? Thanks! :)

2. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

"It failed" really doesn't tell us much. What steps did you take? What did you expect to happen? What happened? Did you get an error message?

No, you needn't upgrade to get your SHSH on file. Perhaps if you give us a little more info we can help you figure out what you did wrong.

3. ainjo1919 thread starter macrumors regular

This is what I get when I click "Submit". (I deleted the ECID in order to uploaded and show you)

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q120/ainjo_1919/umbrella.png

I just followed the instructions from this website, I'm on a Mac btw.

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2010/05/how-to-back-up-ecid-shsh-using-firmware-umbrella-mac.html

Also, when it instructed me to type in some commands on Terminal to open some text in TextEdit, it says I'm suppose to delete "gs.apple.com" but on mine it wasn't there, so I just left it like that.

4. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

You are trying to get your 3.1.2 SHSH. That hasn't been possible since February. You can only get the 3.1.3 SHSH.

5. ainjo1919 thread starter macrumors regular

And is it possible to get 3.1.3 SSH with my iPhone firmware still in 3.1.2?

In umbrella where it says device version I thought I was suppose to enter my phones current version?

Edit: Ok, so i selected 3.1.3 instead of 3.1.2 in umbrella and it now said, "SHSH Saved!...." and some other numbers

so does that mean that it worked now? The guide said it was suppose to save a .shsh file but I don't see it... Where is it at? Or how does it look like?

6. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

The file is in whatever folder you ran Umbrella from. Make sure you didn't run it directly from a disk image.

7. ainjo1919 thread starter macrumors regular

I did just that, run it from the disk image, my bad, but I ran it again out of the image and it worked! I got the .shsh file! Thanks a lot for your help, appreciate it a lot!

Btw, was it safe to press submit it again because I did it wrong the first time?

8. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

It worked, didn't it.

9. ainjo1919 thread starter macrumors regular