Saving SHSHs

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by crazytiger86, Dec 11, 2010.

1. crazytiger86 macrumors 6502

Hey.
    If I reformat my hard drive will I lose my TinyUmbrella SHSH Blobs? Or are they stored remotely?

2. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Reformatting will cause you to lose a hell of a lot more data than just shshs. Maybe you should be investigating that before performing such a destructive action on your computer?????????

As far as the shshs, Cydia may have them. Why not turn on your phone and see? Or why don't you just backup the files yourself with tiny?

3. crazytiger86 thread starter macrumors 6502

They are backed up with Tiny. The question is are these "backups with Tiny" stored on the hard drive or on Cydia's server?

I'm reformatting because I want to install unbuntu.

4. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

When TinyUmbrella saves the SHSH, they go straight to the Cydia Server, then they show up on your iPhone.

5. Kayan macrumors 6502

When you use TU to save SHSH's, it saves them locally on your HD as well as requests Cydia server to save them. Sometimes Cydia's server takes a while before it saves your SHSH's but you can always open up Cydia and check which ones it has saved. As far as the local copy goes, unless you back those SHSH's up, you'll lose them with the format, but you'll still have the ones Cydia saved. I'd make a local backup for security if i were you

6. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

You could always save a backup copy of the ones on your HD if you're worried. They're in a hidden folder called .shsh in your user folder.