Saving text messages onto Mac

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by April Dancer, Jul 9, 2008.

1. April Dancer macrumors regular

April Dancer

Apologies if this has been asked before. I wondered if there was a way to save off the text messages. I've tried various methods but they don't save them in any sort of sensible fashion. As a lot of them are messages about the birth of my daughter this year I'd really hate to lose them when I upgrade.

Does anyone know of any funky software that will do this?

Cheers :)

2. Leemo macrumors 6502

Leemo

If, when you first plug into iTunes, you choose to do a restore of a backup from your previous iPhone then you'll have all your text messages there - so no need to worry!

:)

3. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

SMS messages are backed up when you sync your iPhone. As long as the backup goes successfully, everything should be transferred over. Just make sure you sync your iPhone one last time before upgrading to 2.0 or syncing your new iPhone 3G!

4. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

Also possible with the program "Syphone." Which also allows you to read through them on your Mac, which you can't do with a standard iTunes back-up.

5. April Dancer thread starter macrumors regular

April Dancer

I didn't realise messages were also backed up when you synch... And I'll check out the software too, that's great. About the only time I've regretted the demise of pen and paper!