Saving the best iOS 5 features for iPhone 5 announcement?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Shockwave78, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/534.32 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Anyone else thinking this? With a new iPhone will come iOS features that are only available on the iPhone 5. I wonder what else it anything could have been held back for the iPhone 4 also possibly.

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I don't think there will be much, maybe one or two that are only available because of the new hardware, but I think the main difference will be the iPhone 5 will be faster, longer battery life and maybe thinner.

3. ap3604 macrumors 68000

I agree that they simply didn't have time to go over everything at WWDC 11'. Plus they want to have some exciting new things to talk about when they unveil the new iPhone 5. I remember seeing an article saying that nuance voice controls will still be added into iOS 5 but just weren't ready yet to show off?

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

No.

Well, probably some are thinking it, but they'll all be disappointed.

5. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Here is one thing...

No one is going to buy iphone 5 unless it offers some sort of upgrade over iPhone 4.

Apple announced pretty much what iOS 5.0 is going to be at WWDC. Now, they need to embrace new and existing iPhone users to sell iPhone 5.

There will be at least 5-10 new features that will be only possible on iPhone 5 that you would not be able to do it on iPhone 4.

Apple pretty much gave people nice OS update on iOS 5.0. Don't expect more. Compare that to some companies out there....

All the new functions they are going to announce will be exclusively for iPhone 5 with iOS 5.0. If they don't offer anything new, then everyone will just ignore it and go to Android or wait for next iPhone.

It won't be just 1-2 upgrades.

Here are predictions.

1. 1080P Video recording with better camera. Relocating flash to avoid red eye
    2. Voice service that was demoed by Siri
    3. A5 processor for 2 times CPU performance and up to 9 times graphical performance.
    4. 16GB will be long gone and it will now have 32GB and 64GB storage for users.
    5. Better Battery Life with better signal
    6. Able to play 1080P video.

6. iFiend macrumors 65816

I think we've pretty much been shown everything. There really is no point to them waiting and not telling us everything.

I also think the iPhone 5 will looks exactly the same as the iPhone 4. Maybe it'll have some small cosmetic differences, like an LED notification light or something.

7. nfl46 macrumors 603

Chances are iOS 5 will have some iPhone 5 features only. The new hardware in the new phone may only be suitable for it. For example: widgets --- it may only be for the more powerful iPhone 5. But who knows with Apple...