Saving To Original Folder In Automator

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Surrea, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Surrea macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I'm working on an automator actions in Snow Leopard to convert a bunch of small groups of images that i have to single PDF files with multiple pages. What is want it to do exactly is take an input of several files, turn them into pages of a PDF, then give that PDF the name of the first file and then save it in the same folder as the first file, or something to that effect. Essentially I need the output to go to the same location as the source and to have the same name as any one of the files. It seems really simple, but I've googled and dug around Automator to no avail; I've managed to get every step except saving the output file where I want it. Does anyone have any idea about how to do this?

The other ideal thing would be for it to run through a folder and go into all of its subfolders and combine each group of images into a different PDF file. In other worlds, if folders B and C are inside folder A, I can select folder A and it will go into folder B and make a PDF out of all of the images inside folder B and then go into folder C and create a PDF out of all of the images in folder C, etc. This sounds like it would be much more complicated, so I'm not getting my hopes up, but if anyone has any ideas about doing this also I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!