• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

augustya

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
I was wondering when clicked on download videos for offline viewing inside the YouTube APP it does not give you an option to what quality do you wanna save it for offline viewing ! Does anyone know when I wanna save it for offline viewing what is the maximum best HD quality that I can set it to be downloaded in offline mode only in 1080P, in short can the offline mode for YouTube APP in iPad be set to be only downlaoded in 1080P I could not find how to do it ?

Perene

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2015
Netherealm
Yes you can download videos for offline watching in YouTube APP.

By the way this APP that you have mentioned does it save YouTube videos in full HD 1080P ?
I just confirmed that no, the max is 720p. Two things I hate about it is that a) it has its own ads, we can fix that with the paid version, and b) it can't skip Youtube's ads. For the 2nd reason, I don't recommend paying for it.

I checked other two apps with the same ability to save YT videos and both cannot save as 1080p. And so far no player has displayed videos in the 1440p/2160p resolutions, not even ProTube.

Comment

Channan

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2012
New Orleans
I just confirmed that no, the max is 720p. Two things I hate about it is that a) it has its own ads, we can fix that with the paid version, and b) it can't skip Youtube's ads. For the 2nd reason, I don't recommend paying for it.

I checked other two apps with the same ability to save YT videos and both cannot save as 1080p. And so far no player has displayed videos in the 1440p/2160p resolutions, not even ProTube.
Huh?

If you pay for YouTube Red or Google Play Music, you don't get ads in YouTube at all.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.