saving web lectures

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MacPronewbie, Sep 5, 2011.

1. MacPronewbie macrumors newbie

Hey all

i watch lectures online and i am trying to save the info on my macpro running lion. When i click the link to watch the videos it opens in a new brower and when i right click it shows that its flash video.

I have searched several times on how one can do this. I have downloaded the "downloaded helper" plug in in firefox but that doesnt not work.

I logged into the site with the online content using safari and when to actitivites and then i saved the .swf file. The video doesn't have any actual info, when i run it. It just have basically the outline of the interface but no actual text.

When i click another link in activity it shows the text and when i click other links to shows the picture. ( the false link has the text)

Its saving all words, pics and such all separately and so it doesn't integrate it. How can i save it all together?

thanks all

Attached Files:

2. swedefish macrumors 6502

3. MacPronewbie thread starter macrumors newbie

they arnt all videos, they are lectures? Lecutures as in online class notes
    so there is no video but rather flash i guess since its saved in .swf?

4. MacPronewbie thread starter macrumors newbie

i geuss it says its blocked?

Blocking plug-ins

ClickToPlugin prevents Safari from launching plug-ins and replaces every plug-in object by a placeholder labeled by the name of the blocked plug-in (fig. 1). Clicking this placeholder loads the original plug-in object. Which plug-ins are blocked can be specified in the preferences. In addition, ClickToPlugin features several control lists to specify objects that should never be blocked or that should be hidden from view instantly. Check the Settings section for complete details on customizing ClickToPlugin.

what do i do? :confused::confused:

5. swedefish macrumors 6502

Ok, I thought these were flash videos. Using this plugin, flash content will be greyed out. If you click on the greyed out content it will play. For flash video, once it's playing, if you go to the top left of the player, you will get options for playback (quality and format). With video (e.g. Youtube videos) you can choose MP4 and when video plays in MP4 you can right click the video and download it (like you download a picture from the web). But again, with the content you are viewing, I am not sure if that can be downloaded. You should easily be able to figure out if it does work by following these steps.

----------

As for enabling the plugin, I can't remember the way of doing it. Just go to your Safari preferences and look under the plugin tab. I am on my iPad now so I can't check what the right path is.

6. MacPronewbie thread starter macrumors newbie

anyone else have any ideas?

i have attatched a screen shot in the first post with the screen i see