sawtooth 500mhz to 550mhz?

aaron7e7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 1, 2005
26
0
Huntington, Ut
I was reading some articles on the internet about overclocking the G4 sawtooth. The guy said that overclocking 100mhz is going to make the system unstable, so the most i could overclock is to 550mhz, thats only 50mhz. Is that going to make much of a diff?
Thanks
 

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
10,635
0
Working for MI-6
aaron7e7 said:
I was reading some articles on the internet about overclocking the G4 sawtooth. The guy said that overclocking 100mhz is going to make the system unstable, so the most i could overclock is to 550mhz, thats only 50mhz. Is that going to make much of a diff?
Thanks
I doubt that you will see much improvement. But, 50 free MHz are 50 free MHz- if you can do it safely then go for it. Faster/better performance for $0.00 = a good deal. :)
 

aaron7e7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 1, 2005
26
0
Huntington, Ut
dmw007 said:
I doubt that you will see much improvement. But, 50 free MHz are 50 free MHz- if you can do it safely then go for it. Faster/better performance for $0.00 = a good deal. :)
HEHE ok sounds good..
 

aaron7e7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 1, 2005
26
0
Huntington, Ut
mad jew said:
Of course, that's assuming you know what you're doing and you don't end up with 0MHz, because that's suck. :(
lol well i dont really know what im doing.....but i have an idea...and its just the soldering part (or desoldering) that i need help with cuz i haven't really done that stuff before but my dad know how and he is going to help me, but im kinda worried cuz he hates mac :eek:
 

aaron7e7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 1, 2005
26
0
Huntington, Ut
mad jew said:
So you're worried he'll sabotage it? :D
hehe i think he just wont try his hardest not to get solder everywhere on the board :rolleyes: this is a guy that took ibook g3's and cut them in half and uses them for book holders on book shelfs :eek: it made me sooo mad, lol i think he did it cuz he knows i love macs
 

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
10,635
0
Working for MI-6
aaron7e7 said:
hehe i think he just wont try his hardest not to get solder everywhere on the board :rolleyes: this is a guy that took ibook g3's and cut them in half and uses them for book holders on book shelfs :eek: it made me sooo mad, lol i think he did it cuz he knows i love macs
iBook G3s cut in half for book ends.... :eek:

Not so sure I would let him in your Power Mac :eek:

So why does you dad hate Mac so much???
 

aaron7e7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 1, 2005
26
0
Huntington, Ut
dmw007 said:
So why does you dad hate Mac so much???
umm im really not all that sure. I think he is just afraid of something being better then microsoft :D and he says that "they arent open architecture" :confused: He doesn't know much about mac. and doesn't want to learn but other then that...its just any other reason why pc lovers hate mac.
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.