Sawtooth G4 ( ADC/ VGA ) to 23" HD ACD help ?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by cycler, Jan 20, 2009.

1. cycler macrumors newbie

I'd like to upgrade my monitor but can't figure out or find an adapter that would seem to do the trick on a great deal on a demo 23" HD ACD.

The monitor is DVI and the G4 is ADC or VGA. Only adapters seem to be the reverse of what i need or am I missing something.

Woudl it be wise to upgrade the video card and be able to run two monitors ? If so which one for my current 17" display?
    thanks

JLD

2. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

Yeah. You will need either a new"er" video card with a DVI port or a ADC ~> DVI adapter. Be sure not to confuse it with the $100 DVI ~> ADC adapter. The adapter will run you about $30 while a video card can run you up to a $100 for a good one.

3. cycler thread starter macrumors newbie

Can anyone recommend THE video card for a sawtooh G4 digital audio to run a DVi 23" HD plsu or minus my ACD monitor ? and where to source ?

Thanks

4. edgew8 macrumors regular

edgew8

5. cycler thread starter macrumors newbie

LOL !
    Dumb me...turns out I have G4 QuickSilver (2002). What do I know....

I'm going to look for a place that can tell me which video card with a DVi port to get for this.

6. edgew8 macrumors regular

edgew8

save a trip for yourself, you wont have an easy time finding a mac compatible vid card for that old Mac in any retail store. The AGP card in the link I posted above will work just fine in a quicksilver, unless you want to spend a hundred some odd dollars at best buy for one, dont let me stop ya.:D