Say goodbye to mah little camera bump?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ralfi, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Ralfi macrumors 68030

Ralfi

- Scarface reference.

Anyway, this is promising...

"Perhaps we’ll return to iPhones without camera bumps sooner than later thanks to this acquisition."

- https://9to5mac.com/2017/11/09/apple-invisage-acquisition/

Which means thinner cases or even no cases will become an option for many people (so long as Apple decide to put a much more scratch/fingerprint resistant backing on future models - honestly, many cheaper phones have more appealing grippy, matt finishes...Enough with the gloss!)

2. bOFFE1968 macrumors member

bOFFE1968

If the bump gives me a better camera and pictures (it does for now and will probably always do) then I prefer the bump.
    If it bother you - put the phone in a case, the bump is «gone» and enjoy the results this tiny little bump gives you;)

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I have a case on my phone and while I don't like the hump, my iPhone does not have a hump thanks to the case

4. Ralfi thread starter macrumors 68030

Ralfi

Yeah personally I'll always use a case, but it's always been for last on table front & back to protect screen/camera.

But if the reader camera was flush then the case won't need to be as thick & I'll only need it for the lip on the front. :D

5. eoblaed macrumors 68020

eoblaed

The camera bump is such a non-issue, I am constantly baffled by why people rail against it so hard.

Oh, and my phones are always naked.

6. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

Nailed it.!

7. 1096bimu macrumors 6502

1096bimu

The essential phone forced a flush back without camera hump, look at the photos it takes, no thanks.

A case solves the problem perfectly. You get protection, grip, customization, and flattens the hump.

8. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

The camera bump has always been a non-issue for me. But there are some that are in complete disapproval of the bump. It's strictly preference in the sense of how it looks and some don't like that it wobbles when on a flat surface. To each their own.