Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xmarcuswildx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
my fiance wants the white iphone...say they do have white on launch day who thinks i should have her stand with me in pre-order line for my black one and when we go in if they have them to buy will they let her buy it??? dunno how to go about this one.

lorenwade

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2008
Assuming that they would (nothing official has stated they will or won't) have white iPhone 4s, then the correct way is to wait in line for your reserve and she will need to wait in line seperately for a white one.

xmarcuswildx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
this is kind of pathetic...not knowing ANYTHING at least tell us hey...these will be out later...then i know not to make her wait...ohwell i guess ill find out when i get there ill ask every person that walks out the door since i have to work until 7 am and cant get there til 730 745 ish

AustinSTI

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2007
this is kind of pathetic...not knowing ANYTHING at least tell us hey...these will be out later...then i know not to make her wait...ohwell i guess ill find out when i get there ill ask every person that walks out the door since i have to work until 7 am and cant get there til 730 745 ish

The did tell you buddy...Late Summer is when the white ones will be available. What makes you think different?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/artic...ys-its-coming-as-quickly-as-we-can-2010-6.DTL

xmarcuswildx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
thanks for your answer there "chief"
but like he was sayin "pal" how does that mean "late summer" is that even an official word from apple itself or a random apple employee just spurtin out non sense like the rest of them?

lorenwade

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2008
thanks for your answer there "chief"
but like he was sayin "pal" how does that mean "late summer" is that even an official word from apple itself or a random apple employee just spurtin out non sense like the rest of them?

No worries man. So far everything is rumor and speculation. Period! ;)

kizersoze83

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2010
Denver, CO
:confused:I am having a hard time deciding if I should wait for the white iPhone to magically appear, or just suck it up and get a black one on launch day. I am the only person on 2 radioshack waiting lists for a white one on launch day (sheer hope). I have always bought white apple products...do you think it's time for a change to black, or just wait it out?:confused:

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
I have always bought white apple products...do you think it's time for a change to black, or just wait it out?:confused:

well, research shows that apparently Once you go black, you can never go back, and you said that you like to buy White Apple product, so unless you want to ruin your pattern, I'd wait for the White version to be released.
:rolleyes:

yes, I'm being sarcastic except for the waiting part, that parts true.

CaCohen0509

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2010
well, research shows that apparently Once you go black, you can never go back, and you said that you like to buy White Apple product, so unless you want to ruin your pattern, I'd wait for the White version to be released.
:rolleyes:

yes, I'm being sarcastic except for the waiting part, that parts true.

LOL. statistics also show that air is good...

i also doubt that if they do have white ones on launch day they would only be to the people who pre-prdered

wickedawesome31

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2008
It would be very smart of Apple to release some sort of statement about the availability of the white iPhone before launch day.

Please Apple, give us some idea if it's going to be a week after launch, sometime in July, etc.

Espo

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2007
NY
Why would they even be for the people who pre-ordered black iPhones? That makes no sense to me.

It would also make a lot of people angry. I know that everyone in the pre-order line ordered a black iPhone. I am gonna be waiting on line in hope of buying a white one. If someone walks out w/ a white one, it would be unfair because they ordered and should be expected to buy a black one.

MMM.PWR

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2009
Milwaukee
It would also make a lot of people angry. I know that everyone in the pre-order line ordered a black iPhone. I am gonna be waiting on line in hope of buying a white one. If someone walks out w/ a white one, it would be unfair because they ordered and should be expected to buy a black one.

Exactly. I didn't order a black one because I want a white one. If Apple says they will be available at launch then I'll go, otherwise I won't waste my time. For those who did pre-order: you ordered a BLACK phone. You can't just change your mind when you get to the front of the line and grab a white one instead. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.