SBAdBlockToggle

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ivan300, Aug 19, 2010.

1. ivan300 macrumors member

2. aelalfy macrumors 6502a

Hi,

Thanks for the info, just installed this addon but it doesnt seem to remove the ads on the bitesms app at the bottom.

Thanks
    AE

3. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

That is not an iAd.....

Only iTunes apps will have iAds.

S-

4. aelalfy macrumors 6502a

Huh? who said this blocks only iAd ads? second it blocks SBSettings ads and I doubt these are iAd if you use common sense. So it should work with bitesms. I think they need to patch it.

To those who understand how this app works, can someone tell me how I can tell them to patch biteSMS?

Thanks
    AE

5. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

Excuse me for thinking you were asking about iAd Killer....smuck.

S-

6. aelalfy macrumors 6502a

you are excused, lol just kidding. I must apologize for my behaviour. This forum is filled with people that either act like they know what they are talking about or criticize everything someone says. Thats why I get a bit rude in my posts, but you made a acceptable mistake and I apologize for my rude comment.

Thanks
    AE

7. ivan300 thread starter macrumors member

It wont block bitesms ads, if you want you can msg the creator and ask him to add those to the the list.

8. silentsim macrumors regular

If you want to block BiteSMS ads just buy the program. Finding a way to block the ads on that is akin to cracking it.

9. aelalfy macrumors 6502a

Hey you are making no sense. So how is this different from ad blocking the SBSettings ads? I mean this is clearly made to take away ads that are on free apps. Exactly the case with bitesms.

Thanks
    AE

10. ivan300 thread starter macrumors member

It doesn't just block the adds in sbsettings etc. It blocks most ads in websites and in cydia and other apps!

11. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

After using for few hours, notice my battery dropping quicker and phone got more warm than normal. Went ahead and uninstall it through Cydia, but I remember it was 11-12 mb install, Cydia said space was 0 remove. And, I can still see toggle in sbssetting toggle / move column. Enabling toggle and respringing it doesn't show up when swiping status bar so I don't know what it means. I see ads in safari and cydia so I am assuming it's disable, but still on phone somewhere.

12. THE dAY macrumors 6502

I'm seeing the same issue here on my iPhone 4.
    Tried it and found it not for me so uninstalled it but haven't regained the space back.

If you remember, during installation there were other things installed as well.
    According to the creator, those other things are:

1.coreutils
    2. wget
    3. ldid
    4. gettext

link (see post 121 and 122):
    http://www.modyouri.com/adblock-toggle/1-adblock-toggle-block-ads-system-wide-13.html

I haven't tried yet but maybe try deleting those packages as well to see if you regain the space back.

Btw, has anyone noticed slower Safari load times with this toggle on?

13. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Damn. I just notice I couldn't SSH into the phone to delete what's left behind after uninstalling SBAdBlockToggle through Cydia. Kept on getting timeout error using WinSCP. Once I reinstall, I can SSH into phone just fine. Guess, I am just going to leave it disable on the phone. Don't want the hassle of restoring just to get rid of it.

And, to answer person question from above, with it enable, pages load slightly slower, Safari and Cydia.