SBC Yahoo Push E-mail Not right

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PJNorwood, Jul 21, 2008.

1. PJNorwood macrumors member

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have upgraded my Iphone (Not 3G...yet) and my SBC Yahoo e-mail is not being "pushed" as it should be. Sometimes it's immediate sometimes I have to manaully refresh. This occurs regardless of WiFi or EDGE.

2. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

3. Van Wildonher macrumors 6502a

I think I read somewhere that Yahoo mail that isn't the "free" type doesn't push... :confused:

4. emaja macrumors 68000

My free Yahoo account pushes just fine. In fact, I do not know why, or how it got into my iPhone in the first place, but it works nonetheless.

5. Van Wildonher macrumors 6502a

Opposite of what I wrote... however I can seem to find where I read that, so disregard.

6. calvy macrumors 65816

My sbcglobal account does a half assed push type thing. Sometimes it pushes, sometimes it doesn't. It's been like this since day one of the iPhone 2G, except for those few days when it wouldn't update at all.

7. Pees330 macrumors 6502

Since I've upgraded to 2.0 my email hasn't been working as smooth as before. Yahoo Push doesn't seem to work if my iphone is just in standby, but if I'm using the iphone it works. I'll go back in from standby and I'll still see emails I've deleted using my computer.

8. ivtecDOu macrumors 6502

ivtecDOu

mine is set to manual and it does it automatically

9. PJNorwood thread starter macrumors member

The more I read and research there are allot of us that have issues with e-mail seince upgrading. I can't seem to find a fix either

10. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

My Free Ymail push drains my battery so much! And I rarely get emails on it. I wanted to use it for SMS like communication, but it embeds pictures in such a way that I can't send MMS with it and I have to do MMS with Gmail. It kinda sucks...